M.A. Ed. Administration (Superintendent P-12) Overview
Promote student learning from the highest levels of leadership through Campbellsville University’s online master’s in educational administration (Superintendent P–12). Designed and structured by faculty who have superintendent certifications and experience, you will gain hands-on experience as you develop leadership skills to take your career to the next level.
In 18 months, you can progress through the 100% online program. The online master’s in educational administration focuses on preparing candidates as Christian servant leaders through practice-embedded research and relevant research practices. Furthermore, the curriculum will empower you to engage with topics that include instructional leadership, district-level administration, financial supervision, and project management. As a result, you will develop the skills you need to support students of diverse backgrounds.
As you get your online master’s in educational administration (Superintendent P–12), you will:
- Utilize available resources in building communities of learners in their classrooms and schools
- Distribute finances equitably to ensure opportunities for diverse student populations
- Solve difficult problems and provide a voice for disenfranchised families in the school community
- Innovate on and contribute to scholarly research that advances the field of educational leadership
Campbellsville’s education programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and are approved by the Education Professional Standards Board of Kentucky (EPSB) for teacher education and certification.
The MA in Educational Administration (Superintendent P–12) consists of a total of 30 credits.
- AED 802 Organizational Frameworks and Human Resources
- AED 803 Evaluation of Staff and Culture
- AED 804 Diversity in a Global Society
- AED 811 Fundamentals for Central Office Administrators
- AED 913 School and Community Collaboration
- AED 903 Servant Leadership and School Improvement
- AED 904 Organizational Leadership
- AED 905 Leading Teaching and Learning
- AED 906 Fiscal Management, Law, and Ethics
- AED 907 Building Relationships: Leading Change for the Long Term
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s Master of Arts in Educational Administration online, future students must submit or complete the following:
- Complete the online application
- Official Transcript Request Form (via Adobe Sign). In most cases, this will allow us to request your transcripts on your behalf.
- All official college transcripts from each college or university previously and currently attended confirming a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Copy of valid teaching certificate
- Leadership portfolio
- Documentation of two years as a school/district administrator
- Three letters of recommendation, where one letter must be from a building or district level administrator, and two letters from a P–12 educator
- CA-TP (for Option 6 Candidates)
*Some additional requirements will be requested upon acceptance into the program.
Costs & Financial Aid
The Master of Arts in Educational Administration online costs $310 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
A maximum of 12 credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university can be transferred into this program.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Education Administration
As a result of getting your online master's in educational administration (Superintendent P–12), you'll be able to enter leadership and top-level administrative positions at the local, district, and state levels. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, education administrators for elementary and secondary school systems earn an annual median salary of $97,440.
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.