The National Clearinghouse for Professions in Special Education projects a 35 percent increase in demand for special education teachers over the next 10 years. Help meet this growing need with the Teacher Leader Master of Arts in Special Education. This online degree from Campbellsville University gives you the opportunity to expand your credentials, meet education requirements and gain the knowledge needed to meet the unique challenges of special education. This program is a great option for students interested in adding more certifications and improving their professional standing. Upon graduation, you will have both the credentials and the skills you need to create a strong learning environment for students struggling with emotional, behavioral and learning disorders.
Our program is built for working teachers in need of a flexible schedule that can meet their needs. With the online classroom, you can access course materials whenever and wherever you need them.
This program includes 30 credit hours of study. Although the completion time will vary, the program can be completed in as little as two years.
Required Courses (30 credit hours, each course 3 credit hours)
ED 655 – Empowerment for Teacher Leadership
ED 656 – Effective Management Skills for Today’s Educators
ED 665 – Research Methods
ED 670 & ED 675 – Action Research Practicum I & II
ED 690 – Supervision of Instruction
SED 695 – Advanced Assessment and Instructional Strategies for Diverse Learners
SED 696 – Effective Strategies for Improving Students’ Classroom Behavior
SED 697 – Learning Disabilities: Foundations, Assessment and Strategies for Success for All Students
SED 698 – Designing and Assessing Effective Instruction in Mathematics
SED 699 – Reading Theories and Practice
Course details are based on information available at the time of publication. Specific program requirements are subject to change.
With the completion of our special education program, you will be well on your way to a career in this growing field. There are a variety of benefits students receive from the quality instruction Campbellsville University Online offers, including:
- Development of the unique skills needed to work in special education
- Grasp of advanced education theories, ideas and concepts
- Insight into the modern trends changing special education
- Instruction from faculty members with true special education experience
How to Apply
The Campbellsville application program is simple and straightforward. Follow these steps to begin your journey:
- Submit a completed application.
- Submit an official transcript (containing a complete record of all courses attempted) from each college or university attended.
- Submit three professional reference letters.
- GRE or Praxis CORE/CASE scores (MASE only).
- Criminal background check.
- Risk assessment or TB skin test.
- One-page personal essay on goals for pursuing graduate studies.
- Copy of valid teaching certificate (TLMASE only).
Take the next step in your education career. Request more information today.