The online Master of Arts in Special Education degree with Campbellsville University expands your knowledge and prepares you for a career teaching students with exceptionalities. This program prepares graduates with the skills to work with students who have specific learning disabilities or emotional and behavioral disorders. The program is taught by our esteemed faculty with many years of experience.
This program includes 45 credit hours of study. Although the completion time will vary, the program can be completed in as little as 18 months.
Required Courses (45 credit hours)
Foundational Courses: 9 hours
ED 500 – Human Growth and Development
ED 604 – Introduction to Teaching
ED 606 – Educational Technology
SED 503 – Intro. to Special Ed. (3)
SED 504 – Emotional Disturbances (3)
SED 505 – Curr. and Methods in Learn. Dis. (3)
SED 506 – Behavior Management (3)
SED 600 – Theories of Reading and Ed. Prac.(3)
SED 601 – Pres. and Instr. Strategies (3)
SED 602 – Classroom Management (3)
SED 603 – Teaching Math to Child. w/ LBD (3)
SED 604 – Assessment and Inst. Methods (3)
ED 605 – Research Methods and Proc. (3)
SED 606 – Intro. to Learning. Dis. (3)
ED 607 – Graduate Practicum/Sem
ED 608 – Student Teaching
Course details are based on information available at the time of publication. Specific program requirements are subject to change.
With the completion of our special education program, you will be well on your way to a career in this growing field. There are a variety of benefits students receive from the quality instruction Campbellsville University Online offers, including:
- Development of the unique skills needed to work in special education
- Grasp of advanced education theories, ideas and concepts
- Insight into the modern trends changing special education, especially those that involve technology
- Instruction from faculty members with true special education experience
How to Apply
The Campbellsville application program is simple and straightforward. Follow these steps to begin your journey:
- Submit a completed application.
- Submit an official transcript (containing a complete record of all courses attempted) from each college or university attended.
- Submit three professional reference letters.
- GRE or Praxis CORE/CASE scores (MASE only).
- Criminal background check.
- Risk assessment or TB skin test.
- One-page personal essay on goals for pursuing graduate studies.
Take the next step in your education career. Request more information today.