The online Master of Arts in Special Education degree with Campbellsville University expands your knowledge and prepares you for a career teaching students with exceptionalities. This program prepares graduates with the skills to work with students who have specific learning disabilities or emotional and behavioral disorders. The program is taught by our esteemed faculty with many years of experience.
This program includes 60 credit hours of study. Although the completion time will vary, the program can be completed in as little as 18 months.
Required Courses (60 credit hours, each course 3 credit hours unless noted otherwise)
SED 503 – Introduction to Special Education
SED 504 – Emotional Disturbance and Behavioral Disorders
SED 505 – Curriculum and Methods in Learning & Behavior Disorders P-12
SED 506 – Behavior Management of Children & Youth with Learning and Behavior Problems
SED 600 – Theories of Reading and Educational Practices, P-12
SED 601 – Prescriptive and Instructional Methods
SED 602 – Classroom Management
SED 603 – Teaching Mathematics to Children & Youth with Learning Behavior Disorders
SED 604 – Assessment and Instructional Methods
SED 605 – Research Methods and Procedures
SED 606 – Introduction to Learning Disabilities
SED 607 – Graduate Practicum/Seminar
SED 502* – Foundation Courses: Design for Teaching (12 credit hours)
SED 608 – Student Teaching (12 credit hours)
*12 hours face-to-face time
Course details are based on information available at the time of publication. Specific program requirements are subject to change.
With the completion of our special education program, you will be well on your way to a career in this growing field. There are a variety of benefits students receive from the quality instruction Campbellsville University Online offers, including:
- Development of the unique skills needed to work in special education
- Grasp of advanced education theories, ideas and concepts
- Insight into the modern trends changing special education, especially those that involve technology
- Instruction from faculty members with true special education experience
How to Apply
The Campbellsville application program is simple and straightforward. Follow these steps to begin your journey:
- Submit a completed application.
- Submit an official transcript (containing a complete record of all courses attempted) from each college or university attended.
- Submit three professional reference letters.
- GRE or Praxis CORE/CASE scores (MASE only).
- Criminal background check.
- Risk assessment or TB skin test.
- One-page personal essay on goals for pursuing graduate studies.
- Copy of valid teaching certificate (TLMASE only).
Take the next step in your education career. Request more information today.
This program is also available on campus in a traditional format. Learn more about Campbellsville University’s traditional Master of Arts in Special Education – Initial Certification program.