Explore the psychology and tools behind effectively teaching gifted and talented students while also acquiring real-world experience through collaborating with experts and current instructors.
Gifted & Talented Education Endorsement (P-12) Overview
Campbellsville University’s online gifted and talented endorsement provides educators with the fundamental skills and knowledge to properly educate gifted and talented students. The one-year, fully online program explores the development, implementation and direction of successful programs, and it additionally includes opportunities for you to work with current gifted education teachers and experts. You will explore curriculum and instruction, as well as the psychology of the gifted and talented.
The online gifted and talented endorsement focuses on the theories, issues, terminology and general approaches to educating the gifted, talented and creative, and additionally examines regulations that are specific to Kentucky schools. You will also gain an understanding of the issues, nature and needs related to the gifted and talented while talent characteristics and identification are emphasized. As a candidate, you will get a hands-on opportunity for direct experience through the practicum course. Through the practicum, you will collaborate with a gifted and talented education director and other teachers within the district to plan, implement and assess instruction.
In addition, you can complete the endorsement independently or in conjunction with either the Master of Arts in Education Teacher Leader or Master of Arts in School Improvement – Rank I.
Completing our gifted and talented endorsement online provides you with the flexibility and convenience to study whenever and wherever you wish while learning from professors who have real-world experience in the field. Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Campbellsville’s education programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and are approved by the Education Professional Standards Board of Kentucky (EPSB) for teacher education and certification.
Our 12-hour endorsement for gifted and talented education takes approximately one year to complete. The courses must be taken in sequence, as each course is paired with a practicum to be taken over three graduate terms.
- GTE 520: Introduction to Gifted Education
- GTE 535: A Gifted Education Practicum
- GTE 525: Curriculum and Instruction in Gifted and Talented
- GTE 535: B Gifted Education Practicum
- GTE 530: Psychology of the Gifted
- GTE 535: C Gifted Education Practicum
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s accredited gifted and talented endorsement online, prospective students must submit or complete the following:
- Complete the online application
- Official Transcript Request Form (via Adobe Sign). In most cases, this will allow us to request your transcripts on your behalf.
- All official college transcripts, confirming a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or a 3.0 on the last 30 hours
- Copy of teaching certificate
- Submission of a complete statement of purpose regarding enrollment in the certificate program
*Some additional requirements will be requested upon acceptance into the program.
Costs & Financial Aid
The gifted and talented endorsement online costs $299 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
Students can transfer a maximum of nine credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Gifted & Talented Education
With an endorsement in gifted and talented education, you will be fully prepared to take on a rewarding career in the field. The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that special education teachers earned a median annual salary of $58,980 as of May 2017. Employment for special education teaching positions is expected to grow 8 percent through 2026.
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Test Drive an Online Course
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.