Develop the skills you need to be a successful school administrator and help educate the next generation through a program developed by practicing school administrators.
M.A. Ed. Admin. Principal P-12 Overview
Whether you’re employed as a school administrator or are aspiring to become one, the master’s in education administration online degree will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the position. The program’s faculty members—who include current school principals, instructional supervisors and superintendents—are highly experienced in school systems. The option 6 program provides opportunity for aspiring principals to work while completing coursework towards a masters in educational administration (Principal). Otherwise, you can complete rank change (rank I or II) and pursue a career in the field after graduation.
The master’s degree program will teach you all of the aspects of leading a school as an administrator, including balancing a budget and developing a positive culture among the institution’s teachers and staff members. The curriculum is based on real-life scenarios and not theories. You will also learn cutting-edge educational administration methods. The online master’s degree additionally explores the fundamentals of school administration, school law, curriculum and the evaluation of staff and culture. A school principal internship is also part of the program’s requirements.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Campbellsville’s education programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and are approved by the Education Professional Standards Board of Kentucky (EPSB) for teacher education and certification. The fully online degree offers the flexibility and convenience of being able to complete coursework when it best fits your schedule.
The online master’s in educational administration consists of 30 credit hours and takes approximately two years to complete.
- AED 720: School Finance
- AED 721: School Law
- AED 802: Organizational Frameworks and Human Resources
- AED 803: Evaluation of Staff and Culture
- AED 804: Diversity in a Global Society
- AED 805: Curriculum
- AED 806: Fundamentals of School Administration
- AED 807: School Principal Internship
- AED 900: Administrative Support of Teacher Growth and Student Achievement
- AED 901: Reflective Practice for School Leaders
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s accredited master’s in education administration online, prospective students must submit or complete the following:
- Complete the online application
- Official Transcript Request Form (via Adobe Sign). In most cases, this will allow us to request your transcripts on your behalf.
- All official college transcripts from each college or university previously attended and currently attended
- 3.0 overall GPA from their last completed degree
- Copy of teaching certificate (for those applying for Rank I only)
- Submit names and email addresses of one building or district-level administrator, two P-12 educators and your superintendent to your enrollment counselor for School of Education requirements.
- Three years of experience in a classroom setting as a teacher
- Leadership essay (5-7 pages addressing the candidate’s skill and understanding of his or her ability to improve student achievement, leadership and advanced knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment)
Costs & Financial Aid
The online master’s in education administration costs $310 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
Students can fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to find out what scholarships, grants, loans and payment plans are available for them. There are numerous options available, and not all financial aid is based on need.
A maximum of 12 credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university can be transferred into this program.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Educational Administration
Graduates of Campbellsville's master’s in education administration online can apply their knowledge to a career as a school principal. As of May 2017, principals at elementary, middle and high schools earned a median annual salary of $94,390, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The BLS also projects that employment for the position will grow by 8 percent through 2026.
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format, so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.