Build your business acumen, grow your congregation and strengthen your Christian faith with an online church management MBA from Campbellsville University.
MBA Church Management Overview
With an online church management MBA from Campbellsville University, you will expand your business expertise as it relates to managing a church and learn how religious institutions utilize their foundations in faith to excel in the modern dynamic economy. Campbellsville University created the degree for those who are already in church leadership positions—such as executive pastors, church administrators and lay leaders. Alternatively, this program is applicable to business leaders with a desire to transition from the private sector to a church setting. The program is also ideal for those who are recent bachelor’s degree graduates and practicing professionals wanting to further their education. CU’s faculty members provide insight into the field using their real-world experience.
Churches face a unique set of challenges in today’s economy, and our curriculum addresses and prepares you for these challenges by exploring concepts such as leadership development, innovation in the contemporary church and spiritual formation.
Through the program’s church management courses, you will learn skills to improve your pastoral and organizational leadership, explore the innovative trends that are shaping the contemporary church, and examine the rights and responsibilities of a Christian within the workplace. Additionally, the online MBA program’s core classes will provide you with foundational business knowledge in areas such as accounting, business ethics, managerial finance and human resource management.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, our online MBA programs are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
For additional information about our other MBA concentrations, view the pages below.
Online MBA Concentrations
The online MBA in church management is made up of a total of 36 credit hours. There are nine core courses plus three courses specific to the church management track.
- ACC 601: Managerial Accounting
- BA 601: Marketing Management
- BA 602: Management Information Systems
- BA 611: Organizational Theory
- BA 614: Human Resource Management
- BA 616: Business Ethics
- BA 620: Managerial Finance
- BA 690: Business Strategy
- ECO 610: Managerial Economics
- BA 609: Spirituality in the Workplace
- CHS 567: Leadership Development
- CHS 661: Innovations in the Contemporary Church
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s accredited online church management program, students must complete or submit for review the following steps:
- Complete the online application
- Three reference letters, one being a professional reference
- Official college transcript with a minimum 2.5 GPA and GRE or GMAT test scores
- GRE/GMAT scores will be waived if GPA is 3.0 or higher
- Essay including a statement of professional goals
Costs & Financial Aid
The online MBA in church management costs $479 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
A maximum of 12 credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university can be transferred into this program.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Church Management
Graduates of Campbellsville's online MBA in church management can apply their knowledge to various careers within the business side of the church. Potential outcomes include:
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Test Drive an Online Course
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.