The online healthcare MBA degree will provide you with the cutting-edge skills to shape the future of the healthcare industry and advance in the continuously evolving field.
MBA Healthcare Management Overview
There is always a high demand for qualified candidates within healthcare management, especially as baby boomers are now reaching the age where they require more healthcare services. Because of this, the need for effective managers in the field is increasing. With Campbellsville University’s online healthcare MBA program, you will be able to expand your business and leadership expertise to meet the unique and evolving demands of the modern healthcare industry. You’ll be prepared to excel in a rewarding career with the leadership skills needed to create a thriving healthcare organization. The affordable, fully online degree offers the flexibility and convenience of being able to complete coursework when it best fits your schedule, and the program’s faculty offer insight on the industry through their real-world experience.
You will study subjects including organizational theory, human resource management, business strategy and business ethics through the program’s core MBA courses. In addition, you’ll learn how marketing principles apply to healthcare management decisions, such as pricing, consumer behavior analysis and market definition.
You will also explore financial management processes and techniques, including short-term financial decision planning and working capital management, as they apply to healthcare institutions. Finally, you will analyze the United States’ healthcare system and how it compares to systems in foreign countries while examining national health planning, the analysis and critique of for-profit and not-for-profit institutions, and government versus commercial payment tools.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, our online MBA programs are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
For additional information about our other MBA concentrations, view the pages below.
Online MBA Concentrations
The online MBA in healthcare management is made up of a total of 36 credit hours. There are nine core courses plus three courses specific to the healthcare management track.
- ACC 601: Managerial Accounting
- BA 601: Marketing Management
- BA 602: Management Information Systems
- BA 611: Organizational Theory
- BA 614: Human Resource Management
- BA 616: Business Ethics
- BA 620: Managerial Finance
- BA 690: Business Strategy
- ECO 610: Managerial Economics
- BA 603: Healthcare Marketing
- BA 604: Health Finance
- BA 605: Healthcare Policy
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s accredited online healthcare MBA program, prospective students must submit or complete the following:
- Complete the online application
- Three reference letters, one being a professional reference
- Official college transcript with a minimum 2.5 GPA*
- Essay including a statement of professional goals
* Applicants with a 2.499 or lower cumulative GPA are welcome to apply. For applicants in this category, the completion of the GRE or GMAT exam is strongly recommended for admissions review.
Costs & Financial Aid
The online MBA in healthcare management costs $499 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
A maximum of 12 credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university can be transferred into this program.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Healthcare Management
Those who graduate from Campbellsville's online MBA in healthcare management can pursue a variety of careers within the healthcare industry. Potential outcomes include:
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.