Explore network security, database and project management and more in order to advance your career in the ever-evolving information technology field with our online IT MBA degree.
MBA Information Technology Overview
As companies worldwide become more reliant on computers, networks and other cutting-edge technologies, IT has transformed into one of the most critical functions in any organization. A small issue related to technology has the potential to balloon, creating larger problems within a business. As a leader in an organization’s information technology department, you can help ensure that everything tech-related operates smoothly. With Campbellsville University’s online information technology MBA program, you will focus on the essential IT areas such as infrastructure and security, business ethics and effective management skills, so that you can lead your team to more effectively solve technology-related issues.
Our online IT MBA degree examines the advanced knowledge, techniques, skills and tools required to effectively coordinate information technology projects, including the utilization of project management software. You will also explore the skills, techniques, tools and knowledge related to IT security, such as legal and ethical issues, threat management, accountability, wireless security, risk diagnosis, encryption and security frameworks. Furthermore, you will learn various critical business management skills, including managerial accounting, human resource management, business ethics and organizational theory.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, our online MBA programs are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
For additional information about our other MBA concentrations, view the pages below.
Online MBA Concentrations
The online MBA in information technology is made up of a total of 36 credit hours. There are nine core courses plus three courses specific to the IT track
- ACC 601: Managerial Accounting
- BA 601: Marketing Management
- BA 602: Management Information Systems
- BA 611: Organizational Theory
- BA 614: Human Resource Management
- BA 616: Business Ethics
- BA 620: Managerial Finance
- BA 690: Business Strategy
- ECO 610: Managerial Economics
- BA 631: Project Management
- BA 632: Information Systems Security
- BA 633: Information Systems Infrastructure
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s accredited online IT program, students must complete or submit for review the following steps:
- Complete the online application
- Three reference letters, one being a professional reference
- Official college transcript with a minimum 2.5 GPA*
- Essay including a statement of professional goals
* Applicants with a 2.499 or lower cumulative GPA are welcome to apply. For applicants in this category, the completion of the GRE or GMAT exam is strongly recommended for admissions review.
Costs & Financial Aid
The online MBA in information technology costs $514 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
A maximum of 12 credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university can be transferred into this program.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Information Technology
As a graduate of Campbellsville's online information technology MBA, you will be able to pursue a variety of advanced careers within the IT field. Potential career paths include:
- Information technology manager
- IT Director
- Project manager
- Systems analyst
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format, so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.