CU’s affordable online Christian ministry certificate teaches the advanced skills for biblical and theological studies, ministry and leadership.
Certificate – Christian Ministry Overview
Campbellsville University’s online Christian ministry certificate provides a strong foundation in theology. You will explore the biblical, historical and practical fundamentals of ministry work and can therefore enhance your career in areas such as ministry, missions or church administration. The online program includes significant study of subjects like the Old Testament, New Testament, pastoral ministries, church history, Christian theology, philosophy and the Gospels. The certificate will help you become a professional servant leader who can create a positive impact on their communities.
The online ministry certificate features the same high-quality education as Campbellsville’s other undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Simply complete the certificate to advance your career or utilize the program as a stepping-stone for the associate or bachelor’s ministry degrees. The certificate can be completed in about a year, and there are six start dates available for the eight-week courses.
The ministry certificate is perfect for those who wish to become involved in Christian ministry, are already ministers serving churches or are ministers who have been unable to engage in a lengthy post-secondary program.
The program is designed and taught by faculty members who will help deepen your relationship with Christ and have real-world Christian ministry experience. It is also fully online, so the busy individual can conveniently complete their coursework during their own time.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The online certificate in Christian ministry consists of the student’s choice of nine courses, for a total of 27 credit hours. The certificate only requires ministry courses and has no general education requirements.
Choose nine of the following:
- CHS 111: Introduction to Old Testament Study
- CHS 121: Introduction to New Testament Study
- CHS 130: Christ and Culture
- CHS 312: Old Testament Prophets (or other upper-division Old Testament studies course)
- CHS 323: Studies in the Gospels (or other upper-division Old Testament studies course)
- CHS 352: Pastoral Ministries
- CHS 353: Ministry of Proclamation
- CHS 354: Introduction to Christian Evangelism
- CHS 432: Christian Theology
- CHS 471: Church History
- PHI 241: Introduction to Philosophy
To apply to Campbellsville’s certificate in Christian ministry, prospective students must submit or complete the following:
- Complete the Online application.
- Submit official copies of transcripts from each college or university previously or currently attended, along with a complete record of all courses attempted, to the Office of Admissions.
- If transferring less than 24 credit hours, submit official copies of high school transcripts and ACT or SAT scores to the Office of Admissions.
Costs & Financial Aid
The online certificate in Christian ministry costs $565 per course. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
Students can transfer a maximum of nine credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Christian Ministry
Those who graduate from Campbellsville University’s online certificate in Christian ministry program can advance their career. Potential career outcomes include:
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.