Prepare for the CPA exam and increase your earning potential with Campbellsville’s online accounting MBA.
MBA Accounting Overview
Learn the fundamental accounting principles, theories and practices to further your career as a professional accountant. Taught by faculty with real-world experience, our online accounting MBA will prepare you to climb the corporate ladder within your organization, honing the principle skills one must have to pass the certified public accountant (CPA) exam. This online MBA program is perfect for those who have already graduated with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, as students entering this program are required to have at least 21 undergraduate credit hours in accounting.
Within accounting-specific courses, you will learn the responsibilities of an organization’s financial controller and both the traditional and contemporary tools of financial analysis and decision making. You’ll also examine financial report disclosures and how firms utilize financial reporting. In the final course of the track, you’ll explore fraud prevention, detection, investigation and resolution, as well as how to differentiate the various types of fraud discovered in organizational management and consumer occurrences.
In addition, the core MBA curriculum includes courses in organizational theory, business ethics, business strategy and managerial economics.
The online accounting MBA generally takes two years to complete; however, it can sometimes be finished in as little as one year. Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, our online MBA programs are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
For additional information about our other MBA concentrations, view the pages below.
Online MBA Concentrations
The online MBA in accounting is made up of a total of 36 credit hours. There are nine core courses plus three courses specific to the accounting track.
- ACC 601: Managerial Accounting
- BA 601: Marketing Management
- BA 602: Management Information Systems
- BA 611: Organizational Theory
- BA 614: Human Resource Management
- BA 616: Business Ethics
- BA 620: Managerial Finance
- BA 690: Business Strategy
- ECO 610: Managerial Economics
- ACC 624: Controllership
- ACC 640: Financial Reporting and Disclosures
- ACC 660: Advanced Auditing Issues: Fraud Investigation and Forensic Analysis
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s accredited online accounting program, students must complete or submit for review the following steps:
- Complete the online application
- Three letters of recommendation, including one professional reference
- Official college transcript with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Essay including a statement of professional goals
- Twenty-one undergraduate credit hours in accounting.
Costs & Financial Aid
The online accounting MBA costs $479 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
A maximum of 12 credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university can be transferred into this program.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Accounting
Graduates of Campbellsville's online MBA in accounting can immediately apply their knowledge to several careers within the accounting and financial field. Some potential outcomes include:
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.