Turn your passion for sports into a full-time career with the online Master of Arts in Sport Management degree. Campbellsville University’s online degree offers you the chance to combine your love of the game and your passion for business into a career that you love. Our curriculum focuses on the business dynamics of the sport industry, with students choosing an emphasis in administration or marketing. Learn the fundamentals of sport management, including administration, facility development, finance, marketing, ethics, legal issues and more. Then, choose from either our administration or marketing emphases to gain a deeper understanding in your area of interest. Upon graduation, you will have not only the credentials but also the knowledge needed to break into this rewarding field.
Our program is ideal for working professionals seeking a flexible education that is designed to meet their needs. With the online classroom, course materials are available to you wherever and whenever you need them, while our supportive learning environment helps ensure success.
This program includes 30 credit hours of study. While the completion time will vary, the program can be completed in as little as two years.
Core Courses (21 credit hours)
Take each course on this list (three credits each):
BA 620 – Managerial Finance
ED 665 – Research Methods
HP 605 – Sport Administration
HP 645 – Sport & The Law
HP 650 – Ethics in Sport
HP 670 – Facility Development & Management
HP 685 – Capstone Internship OR
HP 691 – Capstone Thesis
Emphasis (Choose one area – 9 credit hours)
Administration (Choose 3 of 5)
BA 601 – Marketing Management
CHS 567 – Leadership Development
HP 630 – Sport Psychology
HP 660 – Event Management & Promotions
HP 675 – Current Issues & Trends in Sports & PA
Marketing (Choose 3 of 6)
BA 601 – Marketing Management
BA 603 – Healthcare Marketing
BA 614 – Human Resource Management
BA 619 – International Marketing
BA 623 – Marketing Communication
HP 675 – Current Issues and Trends in Sports & PA
Course details are based on information available at the time of publication. Specific program requirements are subject to change.
With the completion of our Sport Management degree, you will be prepared to either begin your career in the sport industry, or take the next step on your career path. At Campbellsville University, you will experience a number of benefits, including:
- A foundation of knowledge used by sport professionals daily
- Grasp of modern leadership and management skills
- 24/7 support for both educational and technical issues from a dedicated staff
- Instruction from a faculty with true sport management and business experience
How to Apply
The Campbellsville application program is simple and straight-forward. Follow these steps to begin your journey:
- Submit an application for admission with the Campbellsville University Graduate Studies program.
- Students with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 will not have to take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), nor will students who majored in sport management with a 3.0 GPA in sport management courses.
- Collect and submit three (3) letters of recommendation from current or past supervisors, professors and other professionals who can attest to the student’s qualifications.
- Complete a cover letter including a 1,000 word Statement of Career Goals, reason for applying and future plans with a Sport Management degree. Student must also include a current bio with research experience, description of work, school or life experiences that relate to Sport Management (marketing, sales, sport communication, merchandise, sport leadership, teaching and coaching).
- International students must show proficiency in English as a Second Language thru the TOEFL Exam (Test of English as a Foreign Language). The minimum acceptable score on the TOEFL is 550 for the paper-based exam, 213 on the computer-based exam or 79-80 on the internet-based exam. Transcript evaluation by WES is required.
Don’t spend your career on the sidelines. Request more information today.
This program is also available on campus in a traditional format. Learn more about Campbellsville University’s traditional Master of Arts in Sport Management program.