Prepare yourself for battles on the turf or in the boardroom with an online master’s degree in sport management.
M.A. Sport Management Overview
The online sport management master’s degree from Campbellsville University gives you the chance to turn your passion for sports into a full-time career. The program will teach you the fundamental business dynamics of the sports and entertainment industry, including marketing, finance, facility development, ethics and sports law. In addition, the program’s faculty offer insight on the industry using their real-world experiences.
Choose between two emphases, administration or marketing, to deepen your understanding and work toward your desired career path. Both emphases prepare you for leadership positions within the sports industry, including opportunities in recreational, interscholastic, amateur, collegiate and professional sports.
- Administration: Explores topics such as the current issues and trends in various sports, leadership development, sport psychology, event management and promotions.
- Marketing: Focuses on healthcare marketing, human resource management, marketing strategies for international markets and the communication responsibilities within the marketing function.
The core curriculum of the online master’s in sport management requires you to build foundational business skills in courses such as managerial finance, research methods, and facility development and management. You’ll also examine the history, management theory and ethics related to sport administration, as well as the law as it applies to the sport industry.
Our online master’s in sport management is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). The fully online degree offers the flexibility and convenience of being able to complete coursework when it best fits your schedule.
Our online sport management master’s degree is made up of 30 credit hours. Students must choose between two emphasis areas: Sports Administration or Sports Marketing. Each consists of 9 credit hours. The two-year program consists of eight-week courses and can be completed in as little as one year.
- BA 620: Managerial Finance
- ED 665: Research Methods
- HP 605: Sport Administration
- HP 645: Sport & The Law
- HP 650: Ethics in Sport
- HP 670: Facility Development & Management
Choose one of the following:
- HP 685: Capstone Internship
- HP 691: Capstone Thesis
Choose three of the following:
- BA 601: Marketing Management
- CHS 567: Leadership Development
- HP 630: Sport Psychology
- HP 660: Event Management & Promotions
- HP 675: Current Issues & Trends in Sports & PA
Choose three of the following:
- BA 601: Marketing Management
- BA 603: Healthcare Marketing
- BA 614: Human Resource Management
- BA 619: International Marketing
- BA 623: Marketing Communication
- HP 675: Current Issues and Trends in Sports & PA
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s accredited online sport management master’s degree, prospective students must submit or complete the following:
- Complete the online application
- Three letters of recommendation from current or past supervisors, professors and other professionals who can attest to the student’s qualifications
- Official college transcript
- GRE or GMAT test scores (will be waived if student has a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or if they have previously majored in sport management with a 3.0 GPA in sport management courses)
- A cover letter including a 1,000-word statement of career goals, reason for applying and future plans with a sport management degree. Include a current bio with research experience, description of work, school or life experiences that relate to sport management (marketing, sales, sport communication, merchandise, sport leadership, teaching and coaching)
- International students must show proficiency in English as a second language through the TOEFL exam with a minimum score of 550 for the paper-based exam, 213 for the computer-based exam or 79-80 for the internet-based exam. A transcript evaluation by WES is required.
Costs & Financial Aid
The online master’s in sport management degree costs $399 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
There are several academic, performance and diversity scholarships available for sport management students.
A maximum of 12 credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university can be transferred into this program.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Sports Management
As a graduate of Campbellsville's online sport management master’s degree, you can apply your knowledge to careers in the sports industry. Some potential career outcomes include:
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is traditionally fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
Yes, you can transfer up to 72 credits for a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. You can view more information on transferring credits on the transfer credits page.
Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.