With an accredited online criminal justice degree, you can become a future leader in law enforcement and the legal system and work toward enhancing society for the better.
B.S. Criminal Justice Administration Overview
Campbellsville’s online bachelor’s degree in criminal justice administration provides you with the skills you need for a career in the criminal justice system. You will graduate with a solid foundation in the many concepts and principles that govern all areas of criminal justice. The program explores areas such as criminology, law enforcement and victimology while stressing human values, critical thinking, professional ethics and analytical skills.
The online criminal justice degree gives insight about the field’s programs and organizations and their management, as well as court procedures, functions and efforts. You will additionally investigate police operations, the scientific study of victimization and the major perspectives and theories for criminology.
While the criminal justice field covers a wide variety of careers, you can focus your studies toward the career you desire. For example, you will be able to enter careers as bailiffs, paralegals or game wardens upon graduation. You will be prepared for future opportunities in leadership and will be able to contribute to your community to make it a safer and better place while integrating ethical, Christian values.
Our criminal justice program’s faculty members contribute their years of real-world experience to the program. You can study when it’s most convenient to you thanks to the flexible online format.
Campbellsville University is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Campbellsville’s online criminal justice degree includes 120 credit hours of study that explore criminal justice, business administration, sociology and psychology. The four-year degree can be completed in as little as two years, depending on the amount of credit hours are transferred from a regionally accredited college.
The General Education component of undergraduate degrees provides the student with a basic understanding of a broad range of subjects. This supports the liberal arts emphasis of the University’s academic mission.
Take each course on this list:
- CJ 101: Introduction to Criminal Justice System
- CJ 235: Criminology
- CJ 410: Senior Seminar
- CJ 420: Criminal Justice Administration
- CJ 421: Corrections
- CJ 440: Court Processes and Procedures
Choose one course:
- CJ 361: Social Statistics
- CJ 362: Methods of Research
Choose four courses from the following:
- CJ 200: Fundamentals of Homeland Security
- CJ 215: Criminal Investigation
- CJ 232: Juvenile Justice in America
- CJ 311 Interview and Interrogation
- CJ 320: Police Operations and Programs
- CJ 330: Introduction to Forensics
- CJ 332: Juvenile Delinquency
- CJ 334/PJ 334: Introduction to Criminal Law
- CJ 400: Criminological Theory
- CJ 405: Terrorism Studies
- CJ 426: Probation and Parole
- CJ 428: Internship/Career Preparation Seminar
- CJ 431: Civil Liberties
- CJ 450: Victimology
- CJ 485: Serial Killers
- CJ 380/CJ 480: Special Topics
- CJ 390/CJ 490: Independent Study
Choose 15 hours of upper division courses from Business Administration, Sociology, and Psychology with advisor approval. Students must have coursework from all three disciplines.
Business Administration Electives
- BA 304: Business Law II
- BA 311: Principles of Management
- BA 384: Business Management
- SOC 312: Organizational Behavior
- SOC 342: Race and Ethnic Relations
- SOC 413: Sociology of Deviant Behavior
- SOC 415: Family Violence
- PSY 311: Learning and Behavior
- PSY 321: Lifespan Development
- PSY 333: Group Dynamics
- PSY 341: Social Psychology
Students must take courses totaling 19 credit hours to complete the 120 credit hours requirement for a bachelor’s degree.
To apply to Campbellsville’s criminal justice administration program, prospective students must submit or complete the following:
- Complete the online application.
- Submit official copies of transcripts from each college or university previously or currently attended, along with a complete record of all courses attempted, to the Office of Admissions.
- If transferring less than 24 credit hours, submit official high school transcript.
Costs & Financial Aid
The online bachelor’s degree in criminal justice administration costs $424 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
A maximum of 72 credits can be transferred from a regionally accredited institution. Students wishing to transfer credits from an associate degree can easily do so through Campbellsville University’s Transfer Scholarship.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Criminal Justice Administration
The doors open to many careers for criminal justice administration graduates. Some of the potential career outcomes are:
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format, so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.