Online Master in Social Work
The mission of the hybrid Master of Social Work (MSW) program is to expand career opportunities for family practitioners, global social service providers and administrators through academic preparation in a Christ-centered environment. In the spirit of Christian service, graduates apply advanced-level professional social work skills in regional, national and international settings to improve clients’ quality of life.
The online social work degree program is designed to meet the needs of nontraditional students and adult learners. Students take courses in nine-week trimesters, and classes are on campus only one evening per week. Online resources, media and assignments supplement the on-campus classes.
MSW Program Benefits
The MSW degree provides graduates with both personal enrichment and professional growth. The skills and knowledge students gain from the course curriculum empowers them to be among the best Christ-centered servant leaders in the social work field while making a substantial difference in their communities and society.
A master’s degree in social work can lead to careers in case management, clinical assessment, program development and administration, mental health counseling, family intervention services and comprehensive health care. It can also provide the proper foundation for professionals who choose to earn a Ph.D. degree.
Students must meet the admission requirements set forth by the Graduate Studies Program at Campbellsville, as well as the following:
- Completed MSW Application for Program Entry form
- 200-300 word essay that defines a personal interest in seeking this degree.
- A minimum overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- International students must have a 213 computer generated, a 79-80 internet based, or a 550 paper generated TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language).
- Three letters of recommendation (using the MSW Recommendation Forms)
- Signed Statement of Understanding affirming the support for NASW Code of Ethics and the standards of this MSW program
Before students receive official acceptance into the MSW program, their files must be complete with items 1 through 7 (previously listed). The MSW Program Committee consists of all MSW full-time faculty, including the Dean of the Carver School of Social Work and Counseling. The MSW Program Committee will be assessing the student’s materials. Applicants will be sent a letter recommending full, provisional, or non-acceptance once all admission materials are reviewed.