Break down barriers and make an impact on the lives of young people.
Director of Pupil Personnel (DPP) Certification Overview
For teachers aiming to advance their careers in administrative roles and advocate for students, Pupil Personnel Director certification will give you the opportunity to accomplish your career goals. Additionally, the program has been designed by a committee of supervisors of instruction, pupil personnel directors and principals from surrounding areas to prepare Christian servant leaders for administrative positions.
Specifically, the online Director of Pupil Personnel (DPP) certification equips current administrators with the tools to assist students in the court systems, break down barriers that prevent students from attending schools and support school counselors to offer the best resources to students. Importantly, the online certification program offers direction to graduates who are interested in moving into leadership positions at the district or central office level.
As a result, graduates from the pupil personnel director certification program will be prepared as Christian servant leaders to provide support to institutions that give students the platform to succeed in school and beyond. Campbellsville’s education programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and are approved by the Education Professional Standards Board of Kentucky (EPSB) for teacher education and certification.
Pupil Personnel Director certification prepares leaders to advocate for students of all levels. The online Director of Pupil Personnel program is available as traditional or option 6.
Level I DPP (6 hours)
- AED 811 Fundamentals for Central Office Administrators
- AED 813 School System Director of Pupil Personnel Internship
Level II DPP (6 hours)
- AED 912 Student Services
- AED 913 School and Community Collaboration
Total: 12 hours
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s accredited online Pupil Personnel Director certification program, prospective students must submit or complete the following:
- Complete the online application
- Official Transcript Request Form (via Adobe Sign). In most cases, this will allow us to request your transcripts on your behalf.
- All official college transcripts from each college or university previously and currently attended confirming a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Copy of valid teaching certificate – Rank II
- Disposition self-assessment
- Leadership essay (5-7 pages addressing the candidate’s skill and understanding of his or her ability to improve student achievement, leadership and advanced knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment)
- Documentation of three years as a teacher
- Three letters of recommendation, where one letter must be from a building or district level administrator, and two letters from a P-12 educator
- Signed code of ethics/character and fitness
*Some additional requirements will be requested upon acceptance into the program.
Costs & Financial Aid
The online Director of Pupil Personnel certification costs $310 per credit hour. To give students more support in funding their education, Campbellsville University is committed to working with students to identify and pursue available financial aid opportunities.
A maximum of 9 credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university can be transferred into this program.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Pupil Personnel Director (DPP) Certification Career Overview
The versatile online certification program is committed to preparing the next generation of leaders in education. As advocates of students at all levels, Directors of Pupil Personnel are responsible for ensuring students are given every resource to succeed, and as a result, they are in high demand in the job market. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of postsecondary education administrator positions, including directors of pupil personnel, is expected to grow by 4% through 2029. Further, administrators in these positions earn an average salary of $95,410.
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.