Empower students to succeed and become a leader in education.
M.A. Ed. Admin. Supervisor of Instruction P-12 Overview
The fully online Master’s in Educational Administration (Supervisor of Instruction P-12) equips candidates with the tools to practice Christian servant leadership as district-level administrators. The central focus of the program is to prepare educational leaders to empower students by offering support to teachers of all levels. Further, the program specifically caters to caring teachers who strive to positively impact student learning.
The program’s curriculum has been structured with careful consideration by leaders in education. Through a close relationship with surrounding P-12 partner districts, Campbellsville University has developed an advisory council to construct the online program. The council consists of administrators who draw on their educational and personal experiences to give students in the M.A. in Educational Administration a skill set to lead in the field.
In as few as 18 months, candidates can complete the program. From its focus on content, process and self-efficacy learning experiences, the program calls on candidates to view education as empowerment. As students complete the program, they will have the opportunity to apply that ethos to the highest levels of leadership in education.
Campbellsville’s education programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and are approved by the Education Professional Standards Board of Kentucky (EPSB) for teacher education and certification.
Gain an in-depth understanding of educational administration through the online Master’s in education program’s real-world curriculum. The program is designed by experienced professionals who represent several avenues of educational leadership, including directors of pupil personnel, supervisors of instruction, principals and superintendents. The online educational administration master’s program is offered as a traditional or option 6 program.
Level I Educational Administration (Supervisor of Instruction) (21 hours)
- AED 721 School Law
- AED 802 Organizational Frameworks and Human Resources
- AED 803 Evaluation of Staff and Culture
- AED 804 Diversity in a Global Society
- AED 805 Curriculum
- AED 811 Fundamentals for Central Office Administrators
- AED 812 Leading Assessment
Level II Educational Administration (Supervisor of Instruction) (9 hours)
- AED 900 Administrative Support of Teacher Growth and Student Achievement
- AED 910 Leading Literacy Instruction
- AED 911 Mathematics Cognitive Coaching
Total: 30 hours
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s accredited online Master’s in Educational Administration: Supervisor of Instruction P-12 program, prospective students must submit or complete the following:
- Complete the online application
- Official Transcript Request Form (via Adobe Sign). In most cases, this will allow us to request your transcripts on your behalf.
- All official college transcripts from each college or university previously and currently attended confirming a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Copy of valid teaching certificate – Rank II
- Leadership essay (5-7 pages addressing the candidate’s skill and understanding of his or her ability to improve student achievement, leadership and advanced knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment)
- Three letters of recommendation, where one letter must be from a building or district level administrator, and two letters from a P-12 educator
- Signed code of ethics/character and fitness
- Signed superintendent’s statement
- CA-TP (for Option 6 Candidates)
*Some additional requirements will be requested upon acceptance into the program.
Costs & Financial Aid
The online Master of Arts in Educational Administration (Supervisor of Instruction P-12) costs $319 per credit hour. To give students more support in funding their education, Campbellsville University is committed to working with students to identify and pursue available financial aid opportunities.
A maximum of 12 credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university can be transferred into this program.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Educational Administration
Campbellsville University's online Master's in Education Administration: Supervisor of Instruction prepares leaders in teaching to take their careers to the next level. Administrators in this capacity on average earn a yearly salary of $95,410, and positions in this field are expected to grow by 4% through 2029, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format, so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.