CU’s affordable online bachelor’s degree in pastoral ministries gives you a strong biblical foundation to help impact other people’s lives while constructing a healthy church environment.
B.S. Pastoral Ministries Overview
Producing competent ministers for the church and for the world has a long history at Campbellsville University. The online pastoral ministries bachelor’s degree from Campbellsville University provides you with a broad and deep understanding of ministry study and works to help you become a future leader in Christ. The program examines subjects like biblical study, missiology, church history, evangelism and pastoral care in depth. Through this combination of courses, you will obtain the knowledge necessary to grow and maintain a healthy church.
Throughout the program, you will be exposed to both the Old Testament and New Testament, spiritual formation, philosophy, world religions, contemporary theology, educational ministries and the ministry of proclamation. Additionally, our online pastoral degree Christian studies internship supplies you with real-world experience through involvement in a local church. In the internship, experienced ministers carefully supervise and support you while you complete fieldwork, allowing you to serve in a ministry position and become educated about ministry.
Whether you enjoy preaching, teaching, leading or counseling, this online ministry degree gives you the skills you need to pursue a ministry career. As a graduate, you can answer the call to ministry and take on roles in traditional pastoral ministry, religious and biblical education, missionary work, religious nonprofit management and social justice outreach.
Faculty members have real-world Christian ministry experience, and the program is offered in a convenient and flexible format so that you can complete your coursework during your own time.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The online pastoral degree includes 120 credit hours, which involves 41 credit hours of general education requirements, 57 credit hours within the degree area, and 22 free electives. The degree explores theology and the fundamentals of pastoral ministries. Depending on the amount of credits transferred, you can compete the program in as little as two years.
The General Education component of undergraduate degrees provides the student with a basic understanding of a broad range of subjects. This supports the liberal arts emphasis of the University’s academic mission.
These courses must be included in your General Education component:
- CHS 111: Introduction to Old Testament
- CHS 121: Introduction to New Testament
Take all of the following:
- CHS 211: Art of Reading the Bible
- CHS 230: Spiritual Formation
- CHS 365: Christian Studies Internship
- CHS 432: Christian Theology
- CHS 471: Church History
- CHS : Upper Level Old or New Testament Course
Take all of the following:
- CHS 251: Ministry of Christian Leadership
- CHS 352: Pastoral Ministries
- CHS 353: Ministry of Proclamation
- CHS 355: Introduction to Pastoral Care and Counseling
Choose one of the following:
- CHS 354: Christian Evangelism
- CHS 451: Growing a Healthy Church
Choose four courses from the following:
- CHS : Christian Studies Upper Division Course
- CHS 234: World Religions
- CHS 350: Introduction to Sports Ministry
- PSY 321: Lifespan Development
- PSY 333: Group Dynamics
- PSY 452: Psychology of Religious Experience
- SOC 311: Marriage and Family
- TH 336: Church Drama
Choose one course from the following:
- CHS 271
- CHS 311
- CHS 312
- CHS 314
- CHS 323
- CHS 324
- CHS 325
- CHS 328
- CHS 411
- CHS 412
- GRK 221
- GRK 222
- GRK 321
- GRK 322
- HEB 221
- HEB 222
- HEB 321
- HEB 322
Choose two courses from the following:
- CHS 130
- CHS 361
- CHS 362
- CHS 363
- CHS 364
- CHS 366
- CHS 380/480
- CHS 462
- CHS 463
Choose one course from the following:
- CHS 234
- CHS 354
- CHS 376
- CHS 378
- CHS 436
- PHI 241
- PHI 345
- PHI 361
Students must take courses totaling 22 credit hours to complete the 120 credit hours requirement for a bachelor’s degree. In conjunction with the online ministry degree, students may pursue a minor in another discipline, but are not required to do so.
To apply to Campbellsville’s bachelor’s in pastoral ministries program, prospective students must submit or complete the following:
- Online application.
- Submit official copies of transcripts from each college or university previously or currently attended, along with a complete record of all courses attempted, to the Office of Admissions.
- If transferring less than 24 credit hours, submit official high school transcript.
Costs & Financial Aid
The online bachelor’s in pastoral ministries costs $399 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
A maximum of 72 credits can be transferred from a regionally accredited institution. Students wishing to transfer credits from an associate degree can easily do so through Campbellsville University’s Transfer Scholarship.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Pastoral Ministries
Those who graduate from Campbellsville University’s online bachelor’s in pastoral ministries program can advance their career. Potential career outcomes include:
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Test Drive an Online Course
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.