This 12-credit hour certification program gives you the extra knowledge and training to put your Master of Arts in School Counseling into practice. The online Rank I/Standard Certificate in School Counseling program from Campbellsville University has been crafted by the same doctorate-holding faculty members who teach our Master of Arts in School Counseling degree. It is rooted in the Christian principles that are an intrinsic part of Campbellsville University.
Because the program is only 12 credit hours, you can begin as soon as you’re done with your Master of Arts in School Counseling and be finished in a year.
The Standard Certificate in School Counseling program is 12 credit hours. While completion time may vary, all coursework can be completed in as little as 12 months.
Required Courses (12 credit hours)
SGC 700 – School Counselor Accountability
SGC/MFT 581 – Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in Counseling
SGC/MFT 624 – The Child and Adolescent
SGC 730 – School Crisis Prevention and Intervention
Course details are based on information available at the time of publication. Specific program requirements are subject to change.
Develop the skills and tools education administrators are looking for in new school leaders. Here are just a few benefits of the quality instruction you will receive at Campbellsville Online:
- Rank I instruction that reaches beyond traditional graduate education programs and into more advanced learning
- Development of knowledge necessary for school counselors, including education law and ethics as they relate to counseling
- Dedicated support staff that can help solve your education and technical issues
- Expertise from instructors with real-world experience
How to Apply
The Campbellsville University admissions process is simple and straightforward. Follow these steps to begin your journey:
- An online application for admission.
- Submit a completed application for Rank 1/Standard Certificate program
- Submit all official transcripts.
- Copy of valid teaching certificate.
- Submit three disposition assessments.
- Submit to state criminal background check.
- Submit signed American School Counselor Ethical Standards for School Counselors
- Submit signed Professional Code of Ethics for Kentucky School Certified Personnel.
- Applicants must have a 48-hour (minimum) Master of Arts in School Counseling.
Take the next step in your counseling career. Get started today!