Discover how to contribute to excellence in healthcare and provide quality, evidence-based and holistic primary care to diverse communities throughout the lifespan with our online MSN degree with a track in family nursing practice (FNP).
MSN with FNP Track Overview
Family nursing has the greatest need and growth potential within the nursing field. Campbellsville University’s online MSN FNP degree program will provide you with knowledge needed to advance your career and take the national certification exam to become a certified FNP. Throughout the curriculum, you will gain 660 clinical hours of experience. Taught by faculty members who have years of experience in nursing, the online MSN degree allows you to conveniently complete your studies on your own time.
The online MSN FNP degree program teaches you how to be an effective, independent practitioner and use evidence-based practice to promote health and manage care for patients and families across the lifespan. You will discover how to use scientific findings to implement improvement of healthcare in different settings.
Campbellsville’s online family nurse practitioner program allows nurses to complete coursework during their hectic schedule, without the need to commute to campus. The program is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Additional Program Information
The online MSN degree with a track in family nursing practice (FNP) from Campbellsville University consists of 45 credit hours. Students will earn a total of 660 clinical hours through their coursework.
- NUR 500: Leadership and Role Development for Advanced Nursing Practice
- NUR 501: Healthcare Delivery and Policy
- NUR 502: Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning
- NUR 503: Advanced Pharmacology
- NUR 504: Healthcare Informatics and Clinical Decision-Making
- NUR 505: Advanced Pathophysiology
- NUR 506: Theory and Research for Evidence-Based Practice
- NUR 507: Investigative Project
- NUR 508: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention – Population Health
- NUR 509: Care of Adults Across the Lifespan I
- NUR 510: Care of Adults Across the Lifespan II
- NUR 511: Care of Women, Children and Adolescents I
- NUR 512: Care of Women, Children and Adolescents II
- NUR 513: Synthesis of Advanced Practice Care of Patients in Primary Settings – Practicum I
- NUR 514: Synthesis of Advanced Practice Care of Patients in Primary Settings – Practicum II
- NUR 515: Entry into Independent Practice
To apply to Campbellsville’s online MSN FNP degree program, prospective students must complete the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Have already earned a Bachelor of Science in Nursing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Submit official copies of transcripts from each college or university previously or currently attended, along with a complete record of all courses attempted, to the Office of Admissions.
- Current unencumbered U.S. Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Currently employed as a registered nurse and have at least 2,000 patient care hours within the last two years. This must be documented; examples of documentation can include paystubs or a letter from the student’s employer. If the student has less than 2,000 hours, an interview with faculty will be scheduled.
- Submit a current curriculum vitae (CV).
- Submit a 500-word essay describing professional goals.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Technical and Performance Standards verification.
- Complete a background check.
- An interview may be requested.
For detailed admission requirements, click here.
Costs & Financial Aid
The online MSN FNP degree program costs $559 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
There are several academic, performance and diversity scholarships available for students applying to the online MSN FNP degree program.
A maximum of six credits can be transferred from a regionally accredited institution.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are veterans or currently serving the U.S. military at home or abroad can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Graduates of Campbellsville University’s online MSN FNP degree program can advance their nursing career and pursue professions including:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Test Drive an Online Course
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.
Campbellsville’s RN to BSN is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. The MSN FNP degree is a candidate for accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326 404-975-5000