Learn to utilize artificial intelligence to help organizations achieve their goals and solve complex problems.
M.S. in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Overview
The Master of Science in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence degree from Campbellsville University Online designed to teach students to implement AI and machine learning to solve practical problems. In this STEM program, you’ll identify which problems and opportunities are suitable for AI through data science and how to maximize the likelihood of success. You’ll also explore specific methodologies to help limit risk and provide tangible value to organizations through creating production-level AI and DS systems, ensuring quality decision-making processes.
This program is led by instructors who have extensive experience in AI and take pride in sharing their knowledge with their classes. Upon graduation, you’ll qualify for in-demand careers, including data scientist, data engineer, AI engineer, and more. As a student at Campbellsville, you’ll also have access to various career services that will help you along the way as you learn and prepare for your future career.
Campbellsville University’s online programs can be completed through an interactive classroom that offers flexible schedule options and the freedom to study on your time. You’ll have unlimited access to course materials and ample opportunities to discuss course content with your educators and classmates as you learn online.
Our online MS in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence degree consists of 36 credit hours and can be completed in one year. The curriculum includes 12 core courses covering a range of technical principles and disciplines that will help you establish a solid foundation in artificial intelligence.
- DS 610: Technical Writing
- DS 611: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- DS 612: Project Management Analytics
- DS 613: Big Data Analytics
- DS 614: Design Thinking
- DS 615: Data Mining and Warehousing
- DS 616: Ethical Issues for Artificial Intelligence
- DS 617: Artificial Intelligence Applications
- DS 618: Transforming the Global Supply Chain with Artificial Intelligence
- DS 619: Blockchain Technology
- DS 620: Digital Forensics
- DS 621: Business Project in Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (capstone)
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s accredited online master’s in data science and AI, students must complete or submit for review the following steps:
- Online application
- Official undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate transcripts
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 (2.6 for last 60 hours)
- Three letters of reference, one must be a professional reference
- Updated resume or CV
- Personal statement of professional goals
- Work experience in IT, engineering, or computer science or a bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT, engineering, or computer science
Costs & Financial Aid
The online MS in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence degree costs $550 per credit hour. To help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
A maximum of 12 credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university can be transferred into this program.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. U.S. military veterans and service members who are currently serving at home or abroad can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Degree Graduates
As a graduate of the online MS in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence program, you’ll have the skills to pursue a variety of careers in a highly in-demand industry. Potential careers include:
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Solutions Architect
- AI Engineer
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format, so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- Artificial intelligence and data science help machines and computers perform complex tasks that usually require human intelligence. This program will teach you to apply these principles to solve complex problems.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.