Explore the growing applications of cloud computing and how it's changing the way we store data.
Master of Science in Cloud Computing Overview
The Master of Science in Cloud Computing degree from Campbellsville University Online will train you to be a future expert in cloud computing, a technology that more companies are starting to explore and utilize. This STEM program will further your knowledge in these emerging methods that are redefining how we store data.
In this program, you’ll learn to implement cloud computing in organizations and examine the concepts in practical terms to leverage cloud services and provide value to businesses. You’ll be guided by expert instructors with experience in the industry and have access to them throughout the program whenever you have questions or concerns. Upon graduation, you will be qualified for a range of in-demand careers, including software engineer, network architect, cloud engineer, cloud architect, cloud analyst and more.
Campbellsville University’s online programs can be completed through an interactive classroom that offers flexible schedule options and the freedom to study on your time. As you learn online, you’ll have unlimited access to course materials, along with ample opportunities to discuss course content with your educators and classmates.
Our online MS in Cloud Computing degree consists of 30 credit hours and can be completed in one year. The curriculum includes 10 core courses covering a range of key technical principles and disciplines that will help you establish a solid foundation in cloud computing.
- CC 610: Technical Writing
- CC 631: Introduction to Cloud Computing
- CC 632: Application of Cloud Computing
- CC 633: Risk Mitigation for Cloud Infrastructure
- CC 634: Cloud Computing Security
- CC 635: Dev Ops Case Studies and Implementation
- CC 636: Introduction to Dev Ops and Dev Ops Tools
- CC 637: Story Telling with Data
- CC 638: Microservices
- CC 639: Cloud Computing Capstone
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s accredited online master’s degree in cloud computing, students must complete or submit for review the following:
- Online application
- Official undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate transcripts
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 (2.6 for last 60 hours)
- Three letters of reference (one must be a professional reference)
- Updated resume or CV
- Personal statement of professional goals
- Work experience in IT, engineering or computer science or an earned bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT, engineering or computer science
- For international applicants whose primary language is not English and are not a graduate of a college or university in the U.S., a score of 79-80 on the TOEFL exam, IELTS of 6.0 and Pearson score of at least 53 and official certified independent evaluation by WES
Costs & Financial Aid
The online MS in Cloud Computing degree costs $567 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
Students can fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to find out what scholarships, grants, loans and payment plans are available for them. There are numerous options available, and not all financial aid is based on need.
A maximum of 12 credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university can be transferred into this program.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers for Cloud Computing Degree Graduates
As a graduate of the online MS in Cloud Computing degree program, you'll have the skills to pursue a variety of careers. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in computer and information technology occupations is projected to grow 13% from 2020 to 2030, faster than the average for all occupations.1
Potential career outcomes include:
- Software Engineer
- Network Architect
- Cloud Engineer
- Cloud Architect
- Cloud Analyst
1U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Computer and Information Technology Occupations. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/home.htm.
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format, so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- Campbellsville University Online's MS in Cloud Computing program takes an average of one year to complete, depending on the number of transfer credits.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.