Become a leader in the classroom and beyond with the Teacher Leader Master of Arts in Education degree. This fully online degree program from Campbellsville University provides you with advanced instruction on modern education concepts, including assessment, technology and new pedagogy techniques. For those interested in specializing, we offer seven professional specialty options. This program is a great option for teachers looking to satisfy education requirements and interested in improving their certification levels.
Because our program is fully online, it is a great option for students in need of a flexible learning experience that fits around a busy schedule. With our online classroom, you will have access to course materials wherever and whenever you need them.
This program includes 36 credit hours of study. Although the completion time will vary, the program can be completed in as little as two years.
Professional Core (18 credit hours, each course three credit hours)
ED 655 – Empowerment for Teacher Leadership
ED 660 – Formative Assessment & Intervention for All Students
ED 665 – Research Methods
ED 670 & ED 675 – Action Research Practicum I & II
ED 685 – Digital-Age Technology
ED 690 – Supervision of Instruction
Professional Specialty Options (12-18 credit hours)
Courses will vary dependent on the candidate’s choice of studies:
- Curriculum emphasis (12)
- Special education emphasis (12)
- Gifted education endorsement (12)
- ESL endorsement (15)
- Environmental education endorsement (15)
- Content specialization (12)
- Interdisciplinary early childhood education (18)
- Information Technology (12)
Course details are based on information available at the time of publication. Specific program requirements are subject to change.
Through our online education program, you will develop the skills and tools education administrators are looking for in new leaders. There are a number of benefits students receive from the quality instruction Campbellsville University offers, including:
- Leadership skills needed to move into more rewarding supervisory roles
- Grasp of advanced education theories, ideas and concepts that can improve your performance
- A knowledge base of trends that are changing education, especially technology
- Instruction from faculty members with real-world education experience
- A dedicated staff who offers educational and technical support
How to Apply
The Campbellsville University admissions process is simple and straightforward. Follow these steps to begin your journey:
- An online application for admission.
- Official transcript (containing a complete record of all courses attempted) from each college or university attended.
- Copy of your teaching certificate.
Take the next step in your education career. Request more information today.