Director of Special Education – Rank I (DOSE) Program Information
Gain the leadership skills needed to impact student learning and elevate your career in special education. The fully online Rank I Director of Special Education program equips you to design, implement, supervise and assess special education programs and services to students with disabilities. You will draw on the best research, theory and practical applications to demonstrate commitment to education and your belief that all ages and abilities can be educated. Topics include education law, ethics and school governance.
This is the ideal program for students seeking opportunities outside the classroom, such as program directors or special education administrators. Because our program is fully online, you can complete your education on a schedule that works for you. You’ll collaborate with professors with real-world experience in special education
The Director of Special Education certificate program is 18 credit hours; however if taken with the Rank I MASI program, it is 30 credit hours. While completion time may vary, all coursework can be completed in as little as 12 months.
DOSE Level I Courses (18 credit hours)
ED 701 – Planning and Leading School Improvement
ED 703 – Ethics and School Governance
SED 710 – Finance and Management
SED 711 – Administration and Supervision of Special Education
SED 712 – Special Education Law
SED 714 – Leadership Practicum
DOSE Level II Courses (12 credit hours)
ED 702 – CIA Connections (Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment)
SED 715 – Seminar: Principles of Conflict Resolution
Two courses in counseling, psychology or sociology from list of selected courses
Level II Continuation Courses (6 credit hours)
ED 705 – Effective Professional Development
SED 716 – Special Topics in Special Education
Course details are based on information available at the time of publication. Specific program requirements are subject to change.
Develop the skills and tools education administrators are looking for in new school leaders. Here are just a few benefits of the quality instruction you will receive at Campbellsville Online:
- Rank I instruction that reaches beyond traditional graduate education programs and into more advanced learning
- Development of knowledge unique to the field of special education, including education law, ethics and school governance
- Dedicated support staff that can help solve your education and technical issues
- Expertise from instructors with real-world experience
How to Apply
The Campbellsville University admissions process is simple and straightforward. Follow these steps to begin your journey:
- An online application for admission.
- Official transcript (containing a complete record of all courses attempted) from each college or university attended.
- Copy of valid teaching certificate.
- Letter from district documenting one of the following: 1.) three or more years teaching in special education, 2.) one year as a special education teacher and two years as a school psychologist, or 3.) three years experience as a speech language pathologist.
- One letter of recommendation from building or district administrator.
Take the next step in your education career. Request more information today.