Online Master Degree in Special Education
Campbellsville University’s School of Education programs are accredited by the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board and the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
The Master of Arts in Special Education (MASE) is an in-depth preparation program consisting of 12 blended online classes offered in 10-week sessions. Students can complete the entire program in as little as 18 months.
The overall structure of the MASE program provides students with opportunities to participate in field experiences, engage in professional collaboration through online chat sessions and meet one another face-to-face through video-teleconferencing seminars. The program emphasizes in-depth strategies for educating learning behavior disorder (LBD) students. The program begins with an introduction to areas of exceptionalities and case law, and it concludes with a graduate practicum/seminar implemented in a special education classroom.
Courses focus on the following areas:
- Curriculum methods
- Behavior management
- Classroom management
- Universal strategies for teaching math and reading to LBD students
- Assessment methods
- Research procedures
- Submit Application
- A minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Valid teacher’s certificate or statement of eligibility, if applicable
- Official college/university transcripts
- Graduate Record Exam or national Teachers’ Examination scores, if applicable
- PRAXIS scores, if applicable
- 3 letters of Recommendation (only 1 personal reference)
- Copy of Professional Growth Plan, if applicable
- One-page personal essay on purpose/goals for graduate study
- State Criminal Background check (within the past 12 months)
- Interview with graduate faculty
Watch our video!