Take your teaching career to the next level and become a leader at the district level.
Supervisor of Instruction Certification Overview
For established teachers who have already earned a Master’s degree and want to advance their careers, the online Supervisor of Instruction certification from Campbellsville University will help you advance into leadership positions. Developed by a committee of supervisors of instruction and principals from surrounding areas, the program specifically caters to teachers seeking leadership roles at the district level. Moreover, the committee responsible for the curriculum in the program has integrated their breadth of knowledge with their experiences to build immersive, practical courses.
Importantly, the program holds the added dimension of preparing Christian servant leaders for these leadership roles. Students of the certificate program will be prepared to plan, implement and evaluate instructional plans to ensure that students at every grade level earn high-quality educations. Additionally, students will be equipped with the tools to recognize the needs of diverse voices and communities and address those needs equitably. Through the interactive program, students will also have the opportunity to learn how to establish partnerships with professionals to advance school-specific goals.
From the program’s focused curriculum, students will be able to enter an administrative role as a supervisor of instruction. Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Campbellsville’s education programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and are approved by the Education Professional Standards Board of Kentucky (EPSB) for teacher education and certification.
The online Supervisor of Instruction certification is dedicated to preparing graduates to enter administrative roles at the district level. As a result, the curriculum in the program is split among 12 total credit hours and focuses on topics in leadership and instruction assessment. The online Supervisor of Instruction certificate program is available as traditional or option 6.
Take all of the following:
Level I Educational Administration (Supervisor of Instruction) (6 hours)
- AED 811 Fundamentals for Central Office Administrators
- AED 812 Leading Assessment
LeveI II Educational Administration (Supervisor of Instruction) (6 hours)
- AED 910 Leading Literacy Instruction
- AED 911 Mathematics Cognitive Coaching
Total: 12 hours
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s accredited online Supervisor of Instruction certification program, prospective students must submit or complete the following:
- Complete the online application
- Official Transcript Request Form (via Adobe Sign). In most cases, this will allow us to request your transcripts on your behalf.
- All official college transcripts from each college or university previously and currently attended confirming a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Copy of valid teaching certificate – Rank II
- Disposition self-assessment
- Leadership essay (5-7 pages addressing the candidate’s skill and understanding of his or her ability to improve student achievement, leadership and advanced knowledge of curriculum, instruction and assessment)
- Documentation of three years as a teacher
- Three letters of recommendation, where one letter must be from a building or district level administrator, and two letters from a P-12 educator
*Some additional requirements will be requested upon acceptance into the program.
Costs & Financial Aid
The online Supervisor of Instruction certification costs $310 per credit hour. To give students more support in funding their education, Campbellsville University is committed to working with students to identify and pursue available financial aid opportunities.
A maximum of 9 credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university can be transferred into this program.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers as a Supervisor of Instruction
Online Supervisor of Instruction certification from Campbellsville University will prepare you to pursue highly sought administrative positions. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, instructional supervisors earn an average of $66,290 per year, with the field expected to grow by 6% through 2029.
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format, so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.