Superintendent Certification Overview
Rise to the highest levels of leadership in education through Campbellsville University’s online superintendent certification. Designed by faculty with experience in central office administration roles, including superintendent, the online certificate program will prepare you to take on chief administrator positions in public school districts. Moreover, because of the program’s curriculum based in Christian values, you will develop the skills to become a servant leader.
In a year or less, you can complete the 15-credit online certificate program. Gain the leadership skills you’ll need to advance your career by focusing on instructional design, fiscal management, organizational leadership, and school improvement. From these course offerings, you’ll be equipped with ethical decision-making tools to solve contemporary problems and support students of all backgrounds.
Campbellsville’s education programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and are approved by the Education Professional Standards Board of Kentucky (EPSB) for teacher education and certification. The online superintendent certification will give you the knowledge base and real-world training needed to meet the learning, physical, social, and emotional needs of the diverse society at the local, district and state levels.
The five-course online superintendent certification consists of a total of 15 credits. Courses include:
- AED 903 Servant Leadership and School Improvement
- AED 904 Organizational Leadership
- AED 905 Leading Teaching and Learning
- AED 906 Fiscal Management, Law, and Ethics
- AED 907 Building Relationships: Leading Change for the Long Term
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s superintendent certification online, future students must submit or complete the following:
- Complete the online application
- Official Transcript Request Form (via Adobe Sign). In most cases, this will allow us to request your transcripts on your behalf.
- All official college transcripts from each college or university previously and currently attended confirming a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Copy of valid teaching certificate
- Master’s degree
- Disposition self-assessment
- Leadership portfolio
- Documentation of two years as a school/district administrator
- Three letters of recommendation, where one letter must be from a supervisor and colleagues
- CA-TP (for Option 6 Candidates)
*Some additional requirements will be requested upon acceptance into the program.
Costs & Financial Aid
The superintendent certification online costs $310 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
A maximum of 12 credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university can be transferred into this program.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Superintendent Certification Career Overview
As a result of getting your online superintendent certification, you'll be able to enter leadership and top-level administrative positions at the local, district, and state levels. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, education administrators for elementary and secondary school systems earn an annual median salary of $97,440.
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format, so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.