Gain the expertise in social media, graphic design, broadcasting and photojournalism you need to advance your career.
Certificate – Digital/Social Media Overview
Taking our digital and social media certificate online can help you become an expert in the field. You’ll learn how to effectively be the voice and face of your business and acquire the skills to interact with consumers and fans and grow interest in your company. While gaining a multitude of practical experience in a wide range of digital skills and becoming well versed in online terminology, you’ll learn how to create strategies across multiple social media platforms to connect the brand’s fans. The credential-boosting program can be completed quickly and acts as a great introduction to a variety of career paths.
With the digital media certificate online, you’ll examine the how to gather, write and report news for online news outlets. You’ll be introduced to how social media can be used as a mass communication outlet. Additionally, you will study the art of storytelling through photography and graphic design as it applies to newspapers, magazines, brochures and web design. The program allows you to choose to study either mass media law, which includes libel and privacy invasion, or ethics, which focuses on topics such as objectivity and accuracy.
If you later choose to pursue an associate degree in mass communications, all of the credits from your social media certificate online will transfer. You can even complete both the certification and the degree in two years.
Campbellsville University has one of the best private school mass communications programs in the United States. Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The digital/social media certificate includes six courses totaling 18 credit hours. You can choose to take either mass media ethics or mass media law as an elective. The fully online program takes about a year to complete.
- MAC 175: Introduction to Broadcasting/Digital Media
- MAC 275: Broadcasting and Digital Media I
- MAC 300: Social Media
- MAC 330: Photojournalism
- MAC 465: Graphic Design for Mass Media
Choose one of the following:
- MAC 345: Mass Media Ethics
- MAC 405: Mass Media Law
In order to apply to Campbellsville University’s digital media certificate online, students must complete or submit for review the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Submit official copies of transcripts from each college or university previously or currently attended to the Office of Admissions. A complete record of all courses attempted must also be included.
- Submit an official copy of their high school transcript and an official ACT or SAT score report to the Office of Admissions if transferring less than 24 credit hours.
Costs & Financial Aid
The digital/social media certificate online costs $399 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
Students can transfer a maximum of nine credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Digital/Social Media
Graduates of Campbellsville's digital/social media certificate online program can apply their knowledge to several careers. Potential career outcomes include:
- Social media strategist
- Online community manager
- Social media marketing manager
- Graphic designer
- Digital strategist
- Digital media specialist
- Digital marketing specialist
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Test Drive an Online Course
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.