Prepare to serve others, lead missions teams and advance the kingdom of God worldwide with our accredited online bachelor’s in leadership and missions.
B.S. in Leadership and Missions Overview
Campbellsville University’s online bachelor’s degree in leadership and missions provides a strong emphasis on mission work and gives designated attention to cross-cultural engagement. The degree combines courses from Campbellsville’s pastoral ministries, educational ministries and Christian missions programs to equip you with the ability to serve Christ, the church and the world within a variety of environments. Graduates are able to pursue a leadership position with social or urban ministries, missions organizations or churches.
The Christian leadership degree combines theological discussion with the practical application of theology leadership skills that can be used in numerous leadership positions. While the program is not specific to local church ministries, it provides a general approach for theological education. Students will study courses including pastoral ministries, the history of Christian missions, the art of reading the Bible and philosophy.
Students will be trained in the Bible, mission and ministry work. Students will also complete a Christian studies internship in which they can gain real-world leadership and mission experience while working with a mission trip or a local church under the supervision of a professional minister. In addition, the missions mobilization and preparation course gives students the chance to prepare a mission team, leading and training members, attend a mission trip and report back and reflect on the opportunity.
The degree’s faculty members have real-world Christian ministry experience. Additionally, the online program is offered in a convenient and flexible format, allowing you to complete your coursework whenever and wherever they wish.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The program is a hybrid program that takes core courses out of pastoral ministries, educational ministries, and Christian Missions for students who desires an online program of study that equips them for leadership in the local church and to cultivate knowledge of and praxis in Christian missions. Graduates of this program will be equipped to serve Christ, the church, and the world within a variety of settings—both nationally and internationally—through missions, relief, and/or development work.
Comprised of 120 credit hours, the online bachelor’s in leadership and missions explores three fundamental areas—leadership, missions, biblical studies and theology. The core coursework accounts for 54 credit hours with the remaining coming from General Education courses and free electives. Depending on the amount of credits transferred, you can complete the degree in as little as two years.
The General Education component of undergraduate degrees provides the student with a basic understanding of a broad range of subjects. This supports the liberal arts emphasis of the University’s academic mission.
These courses must be included in your General Education component:
- CHS 111: Introduction to Old Testament
- CHS 121: Introduction to New Testament
Take all of the following:
- CHS 211: Art of Reading the Bible
- CHS 230: Spiritual Formation
- CHS 365: Christian Studies Internship
- CHS 432: Christian Theology
- CHS 471: Church History
- CHS : Upper Level Old or New Testament Course
Take all of the following:
- CHS 356: Ministry of Christian Leadership
- CHS 352: Pastoral Ministries
- CHS 353: Ministry of Proclamation
- CHS 355: Introduction to Pastoral Care & Counseling
- CHS 361: Introduction to Educational Ministry
Take all of the following:
- CHS 234: World Religions
- CHS 276: History of Christian Missions
- CHS 354: Introduction to Christian Evangelism
- CHS 376: Introduction to Missiology
- CHS 379: Missions Mobilization & Preparation
Choose one of the following:
- CHS 312: Studies in the Old Testament Prophets
- CHS 323: Studies in the Gospels
- CHS 338 The Bible and the Environment
Choose one of the following:
- CHS 371: Baptist Heritage
- PHI 241: Philosophy
Students must take courses totaling 25 credit hours to complete the 120 credit hours requirement for a bachelor’s degree. In conjunction with the online Christian leadership degree, students may pursue a minor in another discipline, but are not required to do so.
To apply to Campbellsville’s bachelor’s in leadership and missions program, prospective students must submit or complete the following:
- Online application.
- Submit official copies of transcripts from each college or university previously or currently attended, along with a complete record of all courses attempted, to the Office of Admissions.
- If transferring less than 24 credit hours, submit official high school transcript.
Costs & Financial Aid
The online bachelor’s in leadership and missions costs $424 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
Students can fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to find out what scholarships, grants, loans and payment plans are available for them. There are numerous options available, and not all financial aid is based on need.
A maximum of 72 credits can be transferred from a regionally accredited institution. Students wishing to transfer credits from an associate degree can easily do so through Campbellsville University’s Transfer Scholarship.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Careers in Leadership and Missions
Those who graduate from Campbellsville University’s online bachelor’s in leadership and missions can advance their career. Potential career outcomes include:
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format, so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Yes. We offer a generous transfer policy for our online degree programs. Visit our Transfer Students page for more information.
- Yes. You will have to complete the FAFSA form, and we will then determine your eligibility for any financial aid. Visit our financial aid page to learn more about your options, which include scholarships and grants.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.