The sport management program from Campbellsville University Online prepares students for professional success in the business side of the athletics industry.
B.S. Sport Management Overview
The online Bachelor of Science in Sport Management program from Campbellsville University explores the business aspect of the athletic industry while preparing students for a variety of leadership positions within the field. After completing this bachelor’s degree program, graduates will have an academic credential that enables them to pursue their education further with a master’s program or immediately enter the field through positions such as athletic director, coach, sport facility manager, sports marketing manager and more.
Campbellsville University delivers the online sport management bachelor’s degree through an interactive, virtual classroom that allows students to pursue their passion at a pace that fits their busy schedules. Courses for the program are taught by industry professionals who are committed to providing each student with personalized attention and the skills they need for success after graduation. The curriculum examines diversity issues within sports, facility design, effective management techniques, sports policies and human performance.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and its values are reflected in each program. The requirements for the online sport management major include 19 total courses, one of which is an elective class that students can choose based on their professional interests. Additional requirements for this undergraduate program include a senior seminar and an internship at a faculty-approved agency.
The online sport management bachelor’s degree is made up of 120 credit hours, with 57 credit hours focusing on the major. There are also 22 credit hours of elective courses required within this program’s major.
The General Education component of undergraduate degrees provides the student with a basic understanding of a broad range of subjects. This supports the liberal arts emphasis of Campbellsville University’s academic mission.
You will take all of the following:
- HP 201: Foundations of Human Performance
- HP 315: Introduction to Sport Management
- HP 360: Gender and Diversity Issues
- HP 370: Sport Facility Design and Management
- HP 371: Sport Finance
- HP 394: Event Management in Sport
- HP 405: Sport Marketing
- HP 415: Ethics in Sport
- HP 430: Psychology of Sport
- HP 444: Sport Policy and Governance
- HP 445: Sport and the Law
- HP 485: Internship
- HP 490: Senior Seminar
Students must take courses totaling 18 credit hours to complete the 120 credit hours required for a bachelor’s degree.
- HP 234: Safety in Sport and Physical Activity
- HP 300: Principles of Strength Training and Conditioning
- HP 325: Sport & Media
- HP 350: Leadership in Sport Tourism and Recreation
- HP 355: Stress Management
- HP 351 or CHS 351: Christian Coaching
- HP 375: Current Issues and Trends in Sport
- HP 480: Special Topics
- HP 485: Internship
- BA 301: Marketing I
- BA 302: Marketing II
- BA 303: Business Law I
- BA 311: Principles of Management
- BA 312: Organizational Behavior
- BA 313: Small Business Management
- BA 314: Human Resource Management
- BA 315: Sales Management
- BA 384: Business Ethics
- BA 402: Promotion Management
- MAC 210: Mass Media and Society
- MAC 240: Reporting and Newswriting
- MAC 275: Broadcast Newswriting
- MAC 371: Writing for Public Relations
- MAC 375: Digital Media Production
- MAC 380: Special Topics
Students must take courses totaling 22 credit hours to complete the 120 credit hours required for a bachelor’s degree.
To apply to Campbellsville’s online B.S. in Sport Management program, prospective students must submit or complete the following:
- Complete the online application.
- Submit official copies of transcripts from each college or university previously or currently attended, along with a complete record of all courses attempted, to the Office of Admissions.
- If transferring less than 24 credit hours, submit official high school transcript.
Costs & Financial Aid
The online sport management bachelor’s degree costs $410 per credit hour. In order to help students afford their education, Campbellsville University’s staff is available to work with students to discover available financial aid options.
A maximum of 72 credits can be transferred from a regionally accredited institution. Students wishing to transfer credits from an associate degree can easily do so through Campbellsville University’s Transfer Scholarship.
Campbellsville University is a military-friendly school and a proud member of the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are currently serving at home or abroad or are veterans can further their education in a conducive online environment.
Business Careers in the Sports Industry
Students who complete the online sport management major graduate with the expertise and credential to pursue a variety of exciting careers. Potential career outcomes include:
- Athletic director
- Sports marketing manager
- Sport facility manager
- Sporting event manager
Why CU Online?
Focused on Your Growth
Our well-rounded education in the arts and sciences is central to our goal of fostering your personal and professional growth.
Founded in 1906 as a Christian university, we welcome diverse perspectives and prepare students to become Christian servant leaders.
Affordable and Convenient
Campbellsville seeks to provide an affordable education for its students. Our online degree programs are in a convenient format so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the status of Campbellsville University.
Benefits of Learning Online
Campbellsville University offers several dynamic online degrees so that students can continue their education and hone their skills. Campbellsville’s online campus has been recognized as one of the best by numerous outlets. The institution’s faculty members have real-world experience in their fields, so students can get a glimpse of working in their prospective career. Students can also conveniently fit online coursework into their busy schedules.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- CU offers a variety of tuition payment arrangements such as: by month, by semester, by academic year. These arrangements are made through Student Accounts Office which can be reached at 270-789-5203.
- You can apply to our online degree programs through the online application form. Remember to submit official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts, along with any other required documentation that is specific to your degree program. You can visit the admissions process page to learn more about what to expect throughout the process.