Serve the public and begin a new chapter in your career with the Associate of Science in Criminal Justice at Campbellsville University Online. Our online degree program offers students the chance to begin a career in criminal justice, while still maintaining their family and work schedules. Crafted by our highly experienced faculty members, our curriculum offers insight into forensics, investigation, homeland security and social issues facing law enforcement. With our degree, you will gain both the credentials and skills you need to pursue your new career.
This program includes 60 credit hours of study. Although the completion time will vary, the program can be completed in as little as two years.
Required 32 general education credit hours
Required Courses (21 credit hours.)
CJ 101 – Introduction to Criminal Justice System
SOC 110 – Introduction to Sociology
PSY 111 – General Psychology
CJ 235 – Criminology
CJ 421 – Corrections
CJ 440 – Court Processes and Procedures
Choose one course from this list:
CJ 310 – Police Administration and Management
CJ 320 – Police Operations and Programs
Criminal Justice Electives (3 credit hours)
Choose courses from this list totaling at least three hours (three credit hours each):
CJ 200 – Fundamentals of Homeland Security
CJ 215 – Criminal Investigation
CJ 330 – Introduction to Forensics
CJ 332 – Juvenile Delinquency
CJ 334 – Introduction to Criminal Law
CJ 426 – Probation and Parole
CJ 428 – Internship (1-4 credit hours)
CJ 431 – Civil Liberties
CJ 450 – Victimology
CJ 485 – Serial Killers
CJ 380 or CJ 480 – Special Topics (1-3 credit hours)
CJ 390 or CJ 490 – Independent Study (1-3 credit hours)
Course details are based on information available at the time of publication. Specific program requirements are subject to change.
With our online criminal justice program, you will experience a variety of benefits that will help you long after graduation, including:
- Instruction on a variety of issues that face law enforcement
- A foundation of knowledge of modern criminal justice concepts and trends
- A dedicated staff that provides both educational and technical support along the way
- Instruction from faculty members with real-world experience
How to Apply
The Campbellsville application program is simple and straightforward. Follow these steps to begin your journey:
- Submit a complete application for admission form.
- Arrange for the office of admissions to receive an official transcript (containing a complete record of all courses attempted) from each college or university previously and currently attended.
- If transferring less than 24 credit hours, arrange for the office of admissions to receive an official and final high school transcript and an official ACT or SAT score report.
Jump-start your career in criminal justice with the help of Campbellsville University. Request more information today.Request Info